Thought I'd pull out one of the age-old meme's and do seven things you might not know about me. I invite you to do the same!
1. I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years growing up. As a kid and teenager, a large chunk of my life revolved around this sport. Early morning practices in the summer and fall, swim meets on Tuesday and Thursday nights during that same seven month period. My friends, most of them anyway, were also swimmers. My brothers were swimmers. My first boyfriend was a swimmer. I reeked of chlorine for 10 years. A lot of my good stories come from swimming days. The time my brother and I got into a fight so bad I had to pull the car over, that happened when I wanted to go out for post-practice breakfast and he did not. You can imagine the fireworks. The time my other brother locked his keys in the car -- with the car still running -- that happened after he drove himself to swim practice. Ah, memories.
2. I once rode on a private plane to the White House and attended an event in the Rose Garden.
3. Things I wanted to be when I grew up included: a veterinarian, a teacher, a lawyer, a newspaper writer, an author, a stage actress/Broadway star and a film critic. Interesting that in that list, I actually found my future profession! Sometimes, I admit, I still daydream about what it would have been like to pursue acting. I wish I'd at least auditioned for something in college.
4. Two years ago, I was running late to a work-event in Atlanta. I was running late because I had left the lights on my rental car on all day long and when I went to leave, my battery was dead. Forty-five minutes and a jump later, I sped through rush-hour traffic, which if you've ever driven in Atlanta you know means I went stop and go at 18 miles per hour with 78,000 other cars in my way, to the downtown location. I was about to miss something important, so as I finally arrived, I swung my car violently into a parking spot, jumped out, grabbed my bag and ran inside. And I mean that sentence in the most literal sense. I parked, opened the door leaving the car running, grabbed my bag and booked away with the door open behind me. Yes, I left my car running with the door wide open in downtown Atlanta. And amazingly, it wasn't stolen.
5. I can say the ABCs backward in French and in English in about 10 seconds. I know. It's a talent.
6. Famous people I have met: Beyonce Knowles, Kid Rock, Tiger Woods, Magic Johnson, Barry Sanders, Venus Williams, and many more athletes.
7. My all-time, death-row-final-meal list of favorite foods: Salmon nigiri, purple grapes, ooey-gooey caramel bars (check back for a recipe soon!), my Mom's cheesy potatoes, coffee with cream and sugar, Jet's pizza, and bread from Kruse and Muir.